Patio Umbrella Fabrics
Premium Olefin Fabrics
Olefin is an economical alternative to solution dyed acrylics. They are durable and long lasting, and specifically designed for outdoor use. Sometimes called polyolefin, they are light in weight, and offer good sun shade and UV protection. Olefin fabrics are featured in our Patio Umbrella Sale items.
Taking care of olefin fabrics is relatively easy:
- Periodically use a mild soap and water solution, rinse with clean water to keep fabric looking fresh, new and to prevent mildew.
- Wipe stains with warm water as soon as possible. If necessary, apply a laundry pre-wash and leave for 10-minutes. Then re-apply warm water and detergent solution and rinse thoroughly with clean water.
- A chlorine bleach and water solution of one cup bleach per gallon of water may be used on stubborn stains and mildew without affecting fabric color.
- Avoid direct contact with suntan lotions and oils. If contact does occur, clean promptly. Fabric can be sprayed off with hose.
People get the wrong idea about Polyester all of the time. Polyester fabric is soft and rich in color, and is awesome for outdoor umbrellas. They are treated for soil and mildew resistance, and are naturally sun resistant. Polyester fabrics are great seasonal fabrics that are easy to take care of and clean. We feature polyester fabric in our Patio Umbrella Sale.
Some facts about polyester fabrics:
- Offers a soft fabric feel
- Deep, rich colors
- Easily clean with mild soap and water. Can be hosed off.
Suncrylic is Galtech's exclusive solution-dyed blended fabric. The solution-dyed method locks the color into the fiber, insuring that the color with not fade with exposure to UV rays. Galtech warrants the Suncrylic fabric for a period of one year from date of purchase.
Pacifica Fabrics are a Solution Dyed Polyester Fabric perfected for use with patio umbrellas! They feature a 4 year fade resistant warranty and a soft hand (soft to the touch.) With deep, rich colors, Pacifica fabrics are an excellent alternative to Sunbrella.
Sunbrella fabrics are pretty much the industry standard outdoor fabric. Made by Glen Raven Mills, it consists of 100 % solution dyed acrylics. Most fabrics are made from essentially colorless fibers, then dyed. With solution dyed acrylic fabrics, the fibers are dyed before they are processed into yarn. This means that sun or even bleach won't affect the color. Sunbrella fabrics are guaranteed for 5 years, the longest time in the industry.
Below, you'll find our selection of Sunbrella fabrics. Many more are available for custom order, however, these are what we consider to be the most popular colors available, and are available in all of our cushions and umbrellas. If you are looking for a particular fabric for your order, please don't hesitate to contact us.